Job Announcement: Shelter Coordinator
Shelter Coordinator – The Family Shelter
Hours: 20 hrs/ 4 or 5 days per week
Compensation: Min. $15.50/hr, DOE, paid vacation and sick leave. No medical benefits.
Reports to: Shelter Director.
Description: Coordinates the daily operations of The Family Shelter.
Prerequisite Qualities: Ability to take initiative, work independently, creatively problem solve, contribute to strong teamwork, communicate openly, and combine compassion and accountability. Integrity and trustworthiness are expected and highly valued.
Qualifications: Excellent organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills; ability to appreciate and work with people in crisis; demonstrated experience in use of computer software for various administrative purposes; experience working with vulnerable populations; valid Washington drivers license; personal vehicle adequately insured; ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move actively around shelter facility including stairs; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent of education and work experience.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Plan weekly menus w/recipes as needed, assuring that necessary food is available.
- Maintain systems for data collection re: volunteers, donations and meals.
- Maintain a current inventory of food and supplies for the shelter. Shop as needed.
- Clearly describe and assign household chores to shelter residents.
- Monitor household chores completion and address any difficulties
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the shelter. Perform regular room checks.
- Receive, record and allocate all in-kind donations.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers at shelter. Within these responsibilities, delegate duties as needed in consultation with Shelter Director.
- Maintain open communication with staff and volunteers.
Need to clear Washington State Patrol check. Need for own transportation and proof of car insurance.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or PO Box 12824 Everett, WA 98206
No calls accepted. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application closes: 5pm, February 26th, 2015