New Job Posting: Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
Join our team! You could play an important role at Interfaith Family Shelter.
We empower families, and communities to break the cycle of homelessness through outreach, housing and prevention. Through our programs, we serve hundreds of families throughout Snohomish County. To learn more, please visit our website at https://www.interfaithwa.org
Here is more information about our Rapid Rehousing Case Manager position:
Job title: Rapid Rehousing Case Manager, Full Time: Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm
Pay: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour DOE
Benefits: Eligible for benefits after 60 days
Reports to: Rapid Rehousing Program Manager
This Rapid Rehousing Case Manager works in the Coordination of Care Rapid Rehousing Program exclusively with homeless families in a housing first program model. This position is responsible for case managing fifteen to twenty homeless families, using a strength based approach and helping families increase their skills in seven key areas, education, employment, housing, health/wellness, life skills, relationships, and community connectedness. The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager will provide weekly onsite support to ensure families find housing and are compliant with their lease agreements and are able to find/increase employment. Community and landlord collaboration is a key function of this job.
- Family driven case planning with an emphasis on self sufficiency
- Weekly contacts with clients to ensure clients are receiving proper support and resource prior to housing and monthly contacts after permanent housing is acquired
- Conduct mobile case management with clients to demonstrate how to access resources and increase employability
- Connection to employment and education resources
- Assist clients in maintaining housing and complying with lease agreements
- Conduct assessment of agency outcomes and goals at entry, during, and at exit for each client
- Assist clients in gaining independent living skills and increase soft skills to build positive relationships with landlords
- Refer to support services in Snohomish County to ensure long term stabilization, eventually ensuring that youth are able to sustain housing stability independent of staff support
Housing Identification and Management
- Address barriers to independent housing
- Assist clients in locating permanent housing options that fit their needs
- Support clients through the rental application process and navigate barriers to lease agreements
- Educate clients on landlord and tenant rights.
- Knowledgeable on local and federal fair housing laws
- Implement program standards that align with fair housing laws and guidelines
- Work collaboratively with the coordinated entry program and the entire outreach team Landlord Liaison & Outreach
- Create partnerships with Snohomish County landlords
- Outreach to landlords, focusing on the benefits of the Rapid Rehousing program
- Collaborate with other Rapid Rehousing programs in Snohomish County
- Develop strategic partnerships with social service agencies Data Management and Paperwork
- Perform proper collection of data, documentation, and compliance with reporting requirements
- Ensure all data entry requirements are met in Interfaith Family Shelter’s internal database and HMIS
- Comply with HUD defined program standards and expectations
- BA degree preferred in a social science or equivalent field, and, one year working directly with at-risk-youth (or) any combination of experience and education that support the needs of the position.
- Experience in property management or real estate is a plus.
- Strong and effective communication skills; proficient in crisis intervention/de- escalation.
- Strong paperwork and data management skills required.
- Possess a valid Washington State driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation.
- Clear background check through WSP.
- Possess knowledge of homeless culture, individual development, and strength based approach
- Knowledge of community resources, and case management skills. Must have good organizational skills and the ability to communicate with community members, clients, vendors and the public.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Staff may work with challenging clients and must have the ability to de-escalate caregivers, families & youth.
- Must have the ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor stairwells in case of emergency.
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff, other programs, vendors and the public, both orally and in writing.
- Hear voice conversations and alarms.
- Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth perception, visual ability to read a variety of materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate telephone, computer keyboard, record information in appropriate youth files and logs.
Interfaith Family Shelter will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities if requested.
Interfaith Family Shelter is strongly committed to removing barriers and supporting inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere for families, staff, board members, community partners and funders. We learn from the diverse individuals we work with and embrace their unique attributes to ensure we fulfill our agency mission and core values. Interfaith Family Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law.
People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce, committed to working in a multicultural environment and we strongly encourage applications from veterans, and marginalized populations; including people of color, women and those in the LGBTQ community. We encourage those with personal experience with homelessness to apply.
If you’re interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls accepted. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Check out all of our employment opportunities at https://www.interfaithwa.org
This is a new position and will begin on July 1, 2019